Born in Brittany, France, Michel Nafziger got his start in photography as a photographer's assistant in Paris. He then spent two years in San Francisco, where he earned the Merit Award Scholarship of the Academy of Art College.. His professional career as an independent photographer began in Paris after spending more time assisting for French Vogue in the mid 80’s.
He started out in publicity, going on to work for magazines, Lei, Per Lui, 20 ans, Marie Claire, ID, Elle and Vogue among others, in fashion photography and doing portraits of celebrities. His portfolio includes worldwide advertising campaigns for Marithe and Francois Girbaud, Yves Saint Laurent, Guy Laroche and Hanro among others. Michel also conducts a workshop once a year at the International Center of Photography. “Investigating Fashion Photography” And had his first solo show at the Iliya Fridman gallery in Tribecca January 2013.
As a leadership strategist Omar believes strongly in capturing the magic moments of company activity because he believes images have a powerful voice. Omar primarily shoots company events and assists Bekka & Michael in creating and shooting branding campaigns. Omar's passion is to be involved visually on all levels.
• Visionary creative with the unique ability to curate a brand's image over social media and in large-scale campaigns/look books, budding photographer with a strong aesthetic and a large network from which to utilize.
• Talented storyteller, able to combine photographic imagery with a compelling writing style to create inspiring and informative stories.
• Collaborative leader, artfully planning and directing high-stakes creative projects, while serving as the guiding force for the creative team. Makes decisions effectively in a deadline-driven environment and performs well within constrained budgets.
• Agile planner, with demonstrated ability to pull together the essential elements of a project, from selecting shoot locations, choosing wardrobe and styling, developing the editorial backstory, and final shot selection, while coordinating the team in an accurate conceptual direction.
• Tech-savvy networker, strategically leverages industry contacts to access fresh faces, innovative concepts, and talented professionals.